Skip to content
Survey, documentation, identification of plus trees and introduction of new species in Karnataka for Bio-fuel program
- Survey and documentation of Pongamia pinnata, Azadirachta indica, Madhuca indica, Calophyllum inophyllum, Mesua ferrea and Jatopha curcas candidate plus trees in Karnataka.
- Determination of harvesting period of pongamia pods.
- Release of top accessions of Pongamia pinnata for field trials.
- Introduction of new species- Aphanamixis polystachya (Amoora) – A potential bio-fuel tree.
- Exploratory studies on the components of variability for economic traits in Jatropha.
- Studies on seed technological aspects of Jatropha.
- Improvement in growth and establishment of bio-fuel plants with Vesicular Arbuscular (VA) Mycorrizal inoculation.
- Studies on Developmental stages of Pongamia pinnata
- Storage studies on biodiesel under different physical conditions.
- Biodiesel production from different feed stocks.
- Production and characterization of biodiesel from different tree borne oils, diary wastes (Scum), used vegetable oils etc.
- Development of Technology for Biodiesel Production, Enzymatic and Degumming Processes.
Utilization of by-products and value addition
- Manurial value of pongamia, mahua and neem seed oil cakes on productivity of finger millet, tomato etc.
- Characterization and amelioration of bio-diesel spent-wash.
- Quantification of phorbol esters in jatropha seeds, oil cakes, bio-diesel and methods to ameliorate toxicity levels.
- Studies on chemical analysis of Simarouba glauca deoiled cake.
- Extraction of azadirachtin and karanjin from the seeds of Azadirachta indica and Pongamia pinnata.
Bio-fuel species and carbon sequestration
- Evaluating the efficiency of carbon sequestration in Simarouba (Simarouba glauca DC).
- Evaluation of carbon sequestration ability of neem (Azadirachta indica Juss) and Pongamia pinnata (L.) Pierre.
Identification of suitable molecular markers for genetic diversity studies in bio-fuel species
- Seed protein profiling of Pongamia pinnata (L.) Pierre for investigating inter and intra-specific population genetic diversity.
- Marker assisted selection of bio-fuel species using molecular markers like RAPD, AFLP.